Monday, April 28, 2008

And now, this past Saturday..........

I just realized, that as everyone reads this, the posts will be in reverse chronological order, starting from the top of the page. So to all my family, scroll down to "Mike's Birthday" post, and then scroll back up. There! That should make more sense!


Anyway,.......this past Saturday, we attended the "Riverfront Festival" at the park. To be a rather small town, Rome has a tremendous amount of opportunities for families to enjoy. The river festival was a small event based around the idea of wildlife, and keeping the rivers clean. There was a fish tank filled with native fish from the river,......(and let me tell you, after seeing those fish, I will NEVER get in the river!)........and there were alligators and snakes (Rebecca's favorite). There were several craft booths, and Rebecca "made" a dragonfly and a monarch caterpiller. It was a beautiful day with only one disappointment,..........no cotton candy!

That boa constrictor was so HUGE, there was no way to get it in the photo entirely! Rebecca was thrilled to be petting the snake; she even kissed it! Then she wanted to know why she couldn't hold the "little baby" rattlesnake! Needless to say, we had to have a VERY long talk about "snake safety".




1 comment:

Robyn said...

She's a BRAVE girl!!! I would have run away! I personally want to say "THANKS!" for NOT putting pictures of the whole snake up on the blog. That would make me run too . . . I'm a chicken!!!

How is Mike? I'm the worst friend ever for not inquiring sooner. I've been praying and wondering. I hope all is better. We'll have a phone conversation soon!

Love you and glad to see all of the fabulous pictures from your recent adventures.